Owning and maintaining a swimming pool typically comes with lot of questions. We’re happy to help answer your questions at any time. We’ve tried to provide answers to some of our most commonly asked questions here. If you have a question for us, please call us at (402) 616-7288 or visit our contact page to send us your questions and comments.
Common QuestionsHow Do I Prepare My Swimming Pool for Opening?
- Schedule your pool opening 3 weeks prior to any special occasion and let us know of any special requests or concerns
- Get your pool cover bag, ladder, rails, and any other related items out of storage
- Fill the pool to the middle of the skimmer and turn off the water
- Please make sure to unlock gates and please keep pets inside for their safety and ours
- Turn pump OFF
- Close skimmer valves (Turn valves perpendicular to pipe)
- Depress multiport valve and turn to WASTE
- Turn pump ON
- Drain 3” to 6” below pool returns
- Turn pump OFF
- Depress multiport valve and turn to FILTER
- Turn pump ON and we will be there soon
- Turn pump OFF (Filter button, Switch, or Breaker)
- Close Valves in front of pump (Turn valves perpendicular to pipe)
- Open pump lid and remove basket. Clean debris and rinse.
- Replace pump basket and lid
- Open valves in front of pump (Turn valves parallel to pipe)
- Turn pump ON
- Attach the vacuum head to the telepole and insert vacuum hose to the top of the vac head.
- Place the vac head, hose, and pole into the deep end of pool, making sure pole is still sticking out of the water
- Take the un-attached end of hose and hold it in front of a return fitting. This will fill the vac hose with water. Wait until the vac head stops bubbling.
- Place your hand over the end of hose to keep the water in.
- Place skimmer basket adapter on top of skimmer basket, and insert hose onto adapter.
- Wait 1/2 minute to minute to ensure the pump is primed.
- Clean Away! Vacuum debris from your pool.
- When you are finished, turn pump OFF. Remove all vacuuming equipment and proceed to backwash (Sand & DE Filters)
- Turn Pool Pump OFF (Filter Button, Switch, or Breaker)
- Depress the multiport valve handle and move it to the BACKWASH setting.
- Turn the Pump Back ON for at least 2 minutes. Wait until the water in the sight glass on the side of the multiport valve changes from cloudy to clear.
- Turn the Pump back OFF. Depress the multiport valve handle and turn it to RINCE.
- Turn the Pump Back ON for ½ minute
- Turn the Pump OFF. Depress the multiport valve handle and turn it to the filter setting.
- Turn the pool pump ON to resume normal operation. Inspect Filter Pressure to ensure the pressure has dropped to normal operating level. If it does not reach normal psi, give us a call.
We work with LightStream to offer excellent rates on home improvement loans specifically for swimming pools, outdoor kitchens, and other projects that we do for our customers. Just visit the LightStream website to learn more, or contact us if you have additional questions.
With the number and variety of service manuals available, it’s difficult for us to provide links to all available manuals out there. We can, however, assist the best we can in helping you find any specific manual if you’d like to contact us and tell us just what you’re looking for. Chances are we’ll be able to help you find what you need or answer your questions directly. Our experience in servicing swimming pools and pool equipment totals more than 18 years.
Swimming pool safety is an absolute must. We’re here to help you with any specific questions you have about safety standards and regulations as well as personal concerns.
For general pool safety information the APSP has some general pool safety information available on their website.